12.24.2011

Preparations.

Week 39-


Now that I am on maternity leave, still pregnant, and prepping for the holidays, I have found that the days are definitely blending together.  This week was filled with some last minute holiday shopping, nursery prepping and continuing to put our house back together post the flooring project- it truly is amazing sometimes how much slower I feel like I move pregnant!  Between greater bouts of fatigue combined with bursts of energy I feel like I go from accomplishing a ton to then having to slow down and just be.



It is said that right before delivery, you can actually feel the baby settle down and drop.  If this is the case, she might be around for still a bit longer.  She is consistently active on daily basis and those 'little' movements that I felt before are now at times very pronounced as she continues to pack on the ounces!  Little elbows and knees are now easier to make out when they protrude from my belly.  Her hiccups are so violent sometimes that they catch me completely off guard.  As crazy as it seems, I know I will miss those hiccups on a daily basis when she is here!  Although actually being able to hold her and snuggle with her will be irreplaceable and something that I look forward to on a daily basis.

While I have been afforded more time than I sometimes had estimated, I wanted to post some of the beautiful maternity photos that my dear friend Tiffany Vaughan captured for Chris and I.  We couldn't have been happier with how they came out and were so grateful that we were able to capture this moment in our lives just the two of us with 'baby on board'.



~'Roots and Wings'...advice my mom has passed onto me.  You give her roots that she will always come back to, and wings to explore all the possibilities that she has in this world.~








~One of our faves!~


No comments: