7.06.2010

Sweet Summer Hydration......

I'm the first to admit I love a good drink.

 I love the taste of a beautiful concoction and savoring the perfect blend of flavors.  So recently, I explored several cocktails that I have discovered-the wine margarita and the delectable orange crush.  I must lend credence to the places where my inspiration came from: The Cactus Flower for their amazing wine margarita, so good that you will even find me sharing a carafe with my sister or mom at lunch, and Mainstreet Cafe for their 'Florida-in-a-cup' so I have so fittingly nicknamed it-aka, the Orange Crush.

So without further adieu-behold the recipes which I am working on perfecting:

Wine Margarita (make this for a group of friends on a hot summer night....)

750 ml of pinot grigio
2 cups fresh lime juice ( i used Simply brand of lime juice)
5 limes, squeezed
1 cup orange liquor (grand mariner rocks!)
margarita salt
crushed ice

Mix all ingredients in a pitcher and pour over crushed ice into wine glass for a different flair! My new favorite twist on one of my favorite summer drinks!


Florida-In-A-Cup (taste the Sunshine..:-)


1 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. orange liquor (grand mariner rocks!)
1 1/2 fresh squeezed orange
soda water
crushed ice

add vodka, orange liquor and orange juice to shaker and shake it up.  Add mixture to highball glass over ice and then add soda water to brim.  ENJOY!

No comments: