9.23.2011

Let the nesting begin.

Week 25- (playing catch up still! :-)

I'll admit I haven't been myself lately.  In the sense that I am actually taking on new projects AND completing them before I allow months to pass!  It's a whole new feeling and one that I attribute to the 'nesting' bug that has hit me full fledged lately.  Perhaps it came in with the (brief) fall breezes we had, or perhaps it is because the date is approaching more quickly than ever and I am getting my butt in gear to make sure everything is as ready as possible for when our little bundle makes her appearance.  Projects that I have completed/close to completing:

-Fall front door containers planted: I have been wanting pots with real, live plants by our front door since we moved in!  I finally got inspired with all the fall foliage that I was beginning to see show up on inspiration sites that I look at almost weekly and when I stopped into Lowe's for some wasp spray the other day I happened upon a fantastic sale.  Sod, pots and plants all for under $50!  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take another stab at having a green thumb.  I figured some of the fall plants that I am using will be a bit hearty enough to withstand cooler weather and can therefore withstand my 'black' thumb (I am working on it!)


-Curtains for living room/bedroom: 75% complete- The living room curtains need a solid hemming and then they are up, they are my main focus and I can't wait to see the way they will brighten up our living room! Our bedroom ones will be finished soon, hopefully by next week.  My hopes are high but I am working on my completion factor since my typical pattern is to start 50 projects and then take a year or more to finish them all.

-Painting the nursery: Paint is purchased! Step one complete.  It is a vibrant celery green and I am in love.  I can't wait to see the green against the white baseboards and espresso floors and crib.  It's going to be fun for a little one but at the same time very clean and modern.  Pics to follow when we begin painting this weekend!

How Big is little Autumn?

It is possible that there is a baby inside of me the size of an eggplant? Apparently!  It's still shocking to see the vegetable and fruit comparisons on weekly basis. And to think before this is all over she will be the size of a watermelon is mind-blowing.  She's weighing in at about 1.5-2 lbs this week and now has her sense of equilibrium in tact! Meaning that when she is busy somersaulting and flipping in there she is aware more aware of where she's at. Pretty phenomenal I feel.   She's beginning to get more hair on that little head of hers and continuing to fatten up.  She has definitely had me waking up even more in the middle of the night to not only empty the bladder she is pushing on but also to switch sides about ever 3 hrs at least!  It's exhausting at times because I was so used to sleeping through the night but I know it is but a minor preparation for what is to come!
 

Celebrate the Night!

Saturday we had the pleasure of being at Alaina's 30th 'Surprise' birthday party thrown by her hubby and it was nothing short of an awesome night!  Good food at Beach Monkey and then to top it off, a delicious and very thoughtful cake that was designed specifically by Stephen to represent their time in Florida thus far and all that they have seen and done.  We had a wonderful time seeing and talking with everyone and seeing Alaina be as happy as a clam celebrating 30 years young!  I think 30 really is the new 20 and I am doing nothing but looking forward to the wisdom that that benchmark in life will bring!
 
Cloth Diapering 101:
Chris is such a trooper.  He really is.  Saturday morning after the party we dragged ourselves out of bed early to attend a cloth diapering class in Niceville taught by one of my yoga students and consultant of Growing Green Bums, Marissa.  It is an awesome cloth diapering, organic store that has been nothing but a labor of love for all those involved in building it over the years.  We were incredibly surprised to find out all of our options that we have in diapering little Autumn's behind and came home with a folder of all of the information that we had gained.  With so many systems and types our heads were spinning at first but when we sat down to discuss our wants and needs in diapering, what is easiest, but still cost effective we have decided on going with mostly Fuzzi Bunz- a two-part, pocket system (crazy that practically acts like a disposable diaper.  It has a pocket in the liner which you stuff with cloth lingo, right?) absorbant pads and and then voila!  A cloth diaper that is ready to be snapped on her behind and grows with her until she is a whopping 35 lbs!  It has adjustable waist and leg snaps and the fleece barrier gives the same effect of a disposable diaper in that it wicks away moisture from her skin.  Overall, even if it's pricey to set up our system, we'll be saving over $2000 in using cloth diapers! (not to mention not tossing hundreds upon hundreds of disposables into the landfills!)  It's something both Chris and I feel passionate about so we're willing to go the extra mile to make sure they work for her and for us as well. (10-12 diapers on average we will be changing a day-just wow! We'll be seasoned pros before we know it.)

Odds and Ends:
  • Autumn purchases: 2- an adorable mobile that coordinates with her room and a diaper caddy~amazing the little things I continue to find
  • Miles run/walked this week: 17.5- Still on a run 1 mile, walk about 3 min. basis and I can honestly say it is taking me about 1.75-2 miles just to feel warmed up!  Amazing how the increase in blood volume and increase in heartrate make me feel inadequate at times but I know that it comes with the territory and I am completely listening to my body (and my heartrate monitor) and taking it easy whenever I need to.  Thanks to Chris for going on 2- 5 milers this week!  His patience is incredible.
  • Weeks until Duluth: 1! So pumped
  • Weeks until next ultrasound: 1! Can't wait to see her pretty little face again...

No comments: