10.01.2011

Oh the changes Autumn brings.


Week 26-
Chris's favorite quote lately has made it's appearance as a title finally.  With the weather acting a little more fall like, I found it pretty appropriate.  Such double meaning it has for us though for sure!
I took a few moments this week to reflect on not only the changing of the seasons but also what is soon to be a complete change in our lives.  I’m getting more excited, antsy almost, and so is Chris.  It’s a very positive thing for the both of us seeing as how we have struggled to really set into the reality of having a little one in our lives.  ‘Florida fall’ felt refreshing this week even though we can feel the on slot of the heat about to come at us again.  My hopes are that the week of Autumn’s welcoming party there will at least be enough chill in the air to have a fire, roast some marshmallows and for maybe, just maybe the ability to wear long sleeves without sweating.  I have high hopes but we’ll see. 
I was able to relish in a pumpkin spice latte this week and that just made me a.) Jones for fall b.) miss Kansas because around this time the leaves would be changing and I would be getting ready to bust out the fall sweaters and running gear.  =*sigh*. But every time this happens I try to focus on all the good that Florida has brought us and that brings me back down from the clouds.  I have also tried to remember that even though it is Florida I can still celebrate all that is fall~spices, fall scented candles, baking, and of course hikes on our local trails to enjoy what few trees we will see change their colors.  Every place has its beauty and the Emerald Coast is no exception.
How big is Autumn?
She’s rocking in at about the size of a large eggplant (still)!  This week her new accomplishment: she grew eyelashes!  Quite a feat right?! She’s busy soaking up my antibodies to prepare her immune system for the outside world ~I have no doubt she’ll have be a tough cookie in that department!  She’s also continuing to take ‘practice’ breaths of amniotic fluid getting ready to take that first breath of real air when she makes her grand entrance!
We had the opportunity to have another ultrasound to get what is called an ‘accessory’ to the placenta double checked.  It’s no worries to either myself or Autumn, just an extra lobe in the placenta that they have to make sure they get out when I deliver the placenta.   So darn, we had to see the little one again and wow was she moving!  I suppose since now she’s more responsive to light and can actually see better, she really wasn’t digging the ultrasound probe but it was so cute to watch her suck her thumb, then look alarmed when she took it out, then stuck it right back in her mouth!  We could make her out so much more clearly on the monitor as well and got several keepsake pics to show her off.
They confirmed the accessory to the placenta and all it will do is go in my file so that the doctor that delivers can be sure the entire placenta is removed.  Again, I’m not concerned at all, Autumn is growing like a weed and we can’t wait to see those cute little cheeks and button nose in the flesh!


~Growing, growing. The both of us!~







How I’m feeling.
Anxious.    The final stretch, the last few months where all final preparations will take place.  Chris and I have been busy making our to-do lists and figuring out when we will squeeze everything in, especially before we have guests arriving for the shower in a few short weeks!   I’m dead set on the nursery being pretty much completed by that time so I know we have quite a bit of work to do in there, but really, that’s the fun room!  It’s all the other organizing that somehow put off for months that is finally getting to me.  My energy continues to be up and I feel really good!  I still run 3 times a week, walk the pups on the trails, do yoga and make it to the gym when I can.  I have a feeling once the running starts to die down in the next few months as the pressure on my abdomen becomes to much that I will find refuge in the gym once again.  I’m definitely not complaining as I know I can always work on building up my arm/back strength for carrying sweet Autumn around every day!

Duluth or Bust.
We had a fantastic trip up to Chris’s hometown of Duluth, MN and the cool fall air was a welcome change from our Florida fall.   It was wonderful to see his parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and of course our nephew and nieces!  The occasion was Zach (Chris’s younger brother) and Lindsey’s (our new sister-in-law) marriage and it was an absolutely beautiful ceremony and reception.  Lindsey’s dress was just stunning and she was glowing especially bright that day.  Chris got to spend a little one on one time with his brother which was nice and overall we just really enjoyed our time with everyone as short lived as it was (flew in on Thursday, flew out Sunday).  We are looking to seeing his family make a visit down to our neck of the woods once we have little Autumn and hopefully at a time when the Florida heat isn’t too oppressive! 
We had the opportunity to take several walks/trail runs to ourselves while we were there and it was absolutely stellar.  Words can’t describe the beauty of the scenery, flora and fauna in Duluth.  I’ll leave you with several pics we took on our last trail run/trek as well as several that we took a couple of years ago that really depict just how beautiful it really is.
 ~Pollywog Trail right by Chris's parents house, he put a lot of miles on this getting ready for basic training!~

~A little tired but enjoying a morning run/trek together in amazingly cool weather~


And some oldies but goodies from past trips to Duluth.......
 ~The view of Lake Superior~



~The trails in that town are endless and just gorgeous!~
Odds and Ends:  

  • Upcoming events: 2; our birthing class begins next week as well as our Welcome Autumn party in October 
  • Baby purchases: 2; her awesome decal for her nursery and a diaper organizer (1/2 price at TJ Maxx of course!)
  • Days Until I get to see several of my FAVES: 3 weeks and 5 days!
  • Weight gain so far: 19 lbs.!

2 comments:

AlwaysForward | NeverStraight said...

ok ok....i just had to leave a comment about how absolutely stunning and adorable preggo katie is!!!! so precious....and i simply cannot WAIT to see you in a couple weeks (and of course little Autumn in a few short months!) lovelove!

Katie said...

Just getting the next blog post ready and thinking of you of course! Miss ya dear and will have pics to you soon of this weekend! <3 and miss to the end of the earth and back!