7.29.2011

Jonsing for Fall....

Week 18-

 I'm at that point in the Florida summer where I can't get my sights (and my smells) off of fall.  The crisp, cool air (well, what little we get in Florida), time spent at local coffee shops with some of my dear friends, pumpkin spice EVERYTHING (lattes, coffees, candles, cookies, etc.) the feel of the fall layers against your skin, I could seriously go on forever in detailing all that I love about fall.  Which is why it came so easy to both Chris and I to decide on one of our name options, but I'll save that for a later post!  For now I'll just post several photos of that remind me of fall...(I hope to locate my snapshots of Manhappenin' leaves in the fall because they are absolutely incredible!)

~Fall on the beach!~


~Two people I adore from the Little Apple~




~K-State tailgating with two of my faves!  Warming our wine on the grill!~



And some of the biggest news this week? The crib has arrived!!  It literally came overnight after we ordered it doing night after night of research as to what would be the perfect fit for the little one.  This week was busy as we prepped for sending Andy off overseas. The weekend was awesome as we spent time at some of our favorite local hangouts and restaurants, talking, laughing and just making good memories before Chris had to say good-bye to his partner in crime for 5 months.  We know the time will fly but for us it's almost like we sent off a member of our family!  Chris is especially down but I promised him that I would comfort him and that I am pretty sure I know what he is going through.  We're excited to have a housewarming party for Andy when he gets back not to mention have him be here for the birth (if the military wills it!) as he is the godfather.  It was an easy choice for Lauren as the godmother.  We both decided that although we have no plans to baptize Baby Premo at this time, the symbolism of a godmother and godfather was important to us and we knew the two of them would be perfect at acting like second parents to our little one.


How big is baby?
Baby Premo has reached the size of a sweet potato!  Its remarkable to think of him being that size already in what seems like 18 short weeks.  Apparently he has become incredibly mobile as well sucking his thumb, tossing, turning, swallowing, hiccuping, and yawning.  Wow!!  Still I feel no movement but I am hoping that in the coming weeks I'll be feeling little kicks and punches. I know it will help bring the reality of everything even closer to us once we're both able to actually feel him. 

~taken in the evening and I was definitely ready to go to bed! The bump is totally growing though...~
Current feeling: relaxed...

After taking class at Abhaya this week it was fantastic as usual to be a student.  I truthfully cherish each and ever class I get to take rather than teach, especially while being pregnant.  It reaffirms my own practice and deepens my appreciation for all of the aspects of my practice that will bring continued health in my pregnancy, delivery and beyond.  With the added hours at work lately it's been hard to squeeze in my home practice or get to as many classes as I'd like but hopefully next week I can iron out my schedule better.  After all, it's not only just for me but for the baby too!

Running and Pregnancy:

My running actually picked up a bit this week and my pace for my last mile on my last run was a whopping 9:05!  It was a fierce accomplishment for me accomplished only out of adrenaline.  I pretended the guy that was on the last leg of my run was chasing me, weird I know.  I thought to myself though, if I needed to sprint while pregnant out of necessity, could I?  While a 9:05 pace is far from a sprint, it sure felt like it!  Not only was there that, but it was also the first run that I have been on that I have had to make a pit stop mid run.  It felt natural in a way because it's not like I haven't done it before on some of my longer runs pre-pregnancy, thank goodness I have route that allows me to hop in the woods out of site.
Overall,  it was reassuring to know that even though the belly is getting bigger and bigger by the week that I can still run on.  The benefits that it gives my mood I think are almost greater than the physical benefits for me and baby.  I have a long run planned for Sunday, we'll see how it goes!

No comments: