8.05.2011

Almost midway!

Week 19-

One more week until the milestone of 20 weeks~halfway through!~ and I am completely ready to hit that mark!  This week wasn't short on happenings around the Premo residents that's for sure (this post might get rather lengthy so I apologize in advance!).  From bottling Chris and Andy's first batch of beer to assembling the gorgeous crib (finally!) we were busy but loving the time spent in our humble abode.


How big is Baby Premo?
The little one has grown into the size of a mango!


He's measuring at about 6 inches long and weighing in an approx. a whooping 8.5 oz!  Grow baby grow!  He's busy working on developing those 5 senses ~smelling, touching, tasting, seeing and hearing.  All in a days work, right?


~Post yoga! Still teaching and going strong....~
The First Movement

I felt that this deserves almost as much of a gold star as reaching the middle of my pregnancy next week~I felt a kick! A real live twist, or turn from the little one and it was shocking at first.  I am one that has always been very in tune with my body, being able to self-diagnose myself in terms of what's going on and what each ache and pain might be.  For the longest time I have been focused in on the gurgles and bubbles in my stomach (which usually turned out to be hunger) :-) but FINALLY it was real.  Many moms say it will feel like butterflies and I can 100% agree.  Chris and I were sitting on the couch watching a movie after a long Friday and I felt it.  A little flutter and then another, and another and although subtle, still powerful enough for Chris to put his hand on my stomach and feel it!  It was a remarkable moment for the both of us I think because it was another time when we hit the 'reality' button and it made all of this seem that much more real.  On and off since Friday I have felt a little kick, twist and turn here and there and then yesterday morning he must have really liked my breakfast of cinnamon toast with pb & J (the quickest thing I could grab on the way to work!) because he was moving like crazy!  Chris made the best comment I think..'backflips for breakfast!'  That's  about right because that's exactly what it felt like!

With the newest temporary addition to our family, Jack, being part of the pup clan, I have been hitting the trails more with them for my run/treks.  Monday morning we were up bright and early with dad (off to work he went) and on the trail we all went and they had an absolute blast.  It feels good to get out there early before the morning heat really sets in.  Even in fighting the spiderwebs I thought to myself: " Spiderwebs on the trail in the morning are a good thing.  It means you're the first one out there to hit the ground running!"


Running and Pregnancy

I have been missing my partner in crime out on my runs with me, it has felt like forever since we enjoyed one of our favorite pastimes together so, what does Chris do to make a pregnant girl feel good about her running pace?  Strap on his 45 lb ruck and hit the dirt road with me, fully prepared to now take it down a notch to keep stride with my pregnant pace. :-)  While the lightening storm caught us off guard ( we were naive to think that it would just rain on us in FL) we had a good couple of miles together with Lola and Jack returning back to our pad completely drenched but thankful to make it out of that storm.  Next time we reminded ourselves that no run is worth risking getting struck by lightening and we wouldn't let our motivation get the best of us.

Bottling the Brewski

Chris and Andy were so proud to brew their first beer.  It was a labor of love that took about a day to prep, and then a month to ferment before it was ready to make it's way into the recycled bottles that they had been gathering (which equaled buying 6 packs and consuming the beer in order to recycle them for brewing :-) great concept, right?)  Unfortunately, Chris was missing his other half when the bottling process needed to be done.  So, I stepped up to the plate and assisted in the bottling.  It was actually pretty cool to watch all their hard work finally get to the good part!  Similar to making the jam, it's awesome to be able to create something homemade with your own two hands.  I'll let the pictures of the process do most of the explaining!


 ~the 'I'm really doing this!" face
 ~siphoning the brew into the bottling bucket~

 ~filling the first bottle in the collection!~

 ~accomplishment!~

 ~giving it the seal~

 ~no leaks =GOOD!~

 ~the 'I am the man' face!~
 ~first taste...mmm...~

 ~lots of Sam Adams was consumed by Chris and Andy to make this bottling possible!~

~ I think they need a personalized bottle cap, what do you think?~

It was a bonding experience to say the least and awesome to see the results.  Next post: from bottling to assembling the crib!  Fitting right?!


No comments: