7.13.2011

Settling into a new reality....

Week 14-

The time has finally come that everything is all sinking in- I'm going to be a MOM! It's been the toughest thing to swallow that it's actually happening but now that the bump is getting a tad bit bigger, I have been accepting the changes in my body with more ease as well as beginning the 'nesting' phase of the pregnancy with plenty of time for planning I hope!

This week was exciting for me because I was finally offered to come on board to SAIC as an official employee and not longer a contracted temp.!  I was seriously jumping for joy.  The timing couldn't be better with a little one on the way.  I am thrilled to begin receiving more tasking and to take on a more distinct role in Environmental Public Outreach.  The benefits of the company are superior, I received a pay raise (yay!) and I will now be increasing my hours to approx 25-30 hrs. a week.  With three jobs on my plate I know I'll be staying super busy but hopefully I'll still be able to keep the balance between work and family life, it's truly of the upmost importance to me.

This weeks revelations:
  • I can run one of my routes straight through again WITHOUT feeling like I have to pee every 5minutes.  This truly was a momentous time for me even though I know the reality is that it won't last for long.
  • Scents of the week: lavendar, rosemary, eucalyptus, lemon-mint...all of these mild herbal scents whether they're from cleaning products or lotions I've discovered have had a very soothing effect to them.  Although my nausea has disappeared, these certain smells tend to calm my upset tummy 
  • My cravings from my nausea days are beginning to disappear and I feel as if I can look at food normally again! Its been a breath of fresh air....
 ~Week 14 Belly!~

    No comments: