6.23.2011

I can see clearly now, the nausea is gone....

Week 13-

While last week was technically the beginning of the first week of the second trimester I kind of lumped it with several other weeks since up to last week I had been too nauseous to even think about blogging on a weekly basis. It killed me to even be at the computer screen at work much less be staring at the computer screen to write about my seemingly depressing days of cramming cracker after cracker and bowl of cereal after bowl of cereal down my throat just to feel normal. Ahh, to write about those days after they have already passed seemed far more appropriate.  I think if I would have written week by week after I first found out I was pregnant I would have been writing the following:
  • "beware, pregnancy SUCKS!"
  • "this will be the LAST and ONLY time I put my body through this!"
  • "is this truly how pregnancy is supposed to feel? I hate it!"
So at this point in time, with an honest and true heart, I can say that I have entered what is considered the most blissful and comfortable trimester of being pregnant.  Resuming a normal workout routine has been the highlight of this trimester thus far not to mention driving to work without the sudden urge of stopping for fast food to curb the insane nausea.  Weight training is important to me during pregnancy because i know I will face the day when i can't take the urge to pee every 5 seconds when I run.  Not to mention the load of the belly and the backaches that accompany running while pregnant, so I must have some type of consistency through working out during this pregnancy.  (not to mention the fact that I have always admired the Crossfit women who pump out 25 kipping pull ups all while being 8 months pregnant. Who needs a weight vest when you're pregnant!  Talk about strength building! )I'll be satisfied if I can remain at 10 throughout with the weight gain....

 I can honestly say this week I wasn't craving as many meals per day which is refreshing.  It was getting exhausting actually focusing on eating so much.  I am still trying to eat 5 times a day plus drink 128 oz. of fluids (which is easy given it's been breaching 95 with full on humidity each and every day.  Ahh, summertime in FL...)  Several new revelations:
  • I can eat hummus again! Well, at least several tablespoons at a time which is a beautiful thing. 
  • I am beginning to be more and more thankful I will be my largest during the fall and wintertime in FL.  I admire those women who are 9 months pregnant on the days that feel like 105-talk about rockstars.
  • I am becoming more of a planner! Chris knows my spontaneity gets the best of me.  Sure I always have long term dreams and ambitions, but when it comes to routine, tracking progress for something in life or for forecasting the future I tend to keep my eyes on the 'now'.  But with being a future mom, I know that I am going to have to somewhat set aside my 'just roll with' attitude and start prepping for routine and consistency and I am ok with that.
  • my Be Present yoga pants, which have been a staple for teaching and my practice, will now become quite possibly the best prego pant around.  Their soft and stretchy material coupled with their drawstring waist should be able to last me all the way through my pregnancy, fingers crossed of course.
  • I will vow to use Cocoa Butter every day!  I have heard from multiple women that they are sans stretch marks because of this magical potion.

 I must admit emotions are beginning to kick in and that's a lot for me to admit, I tend to always put a smile on my face and internalize any other feelings.  But the books are correct, things change when you are pregnant but at the same time I have vowed to Chris never to let any surge of hormones get the best of me!  And speaking of Chris, he has been absolutely incredible so far.  I feel that he has not only accepted the role of being a dad more quickly than I a mom, but has been been very supportive in making sure I have as awesome of a pregnancy as possible.  He reminds of what I can and can't eat, what I can take if I have a headache and I've caught him immersed in his 'what to expect as a father' book (and even bumming that he forgot it on his trip to Vegas!)  What a guy...I couldn't be more blessed for the love and support I feel from him-he will be quite possibly the coolest and the BEST Dad!

No comments: