8.10.2011

20 WEEKS! Mid-way through the journey...

I found it fitting to simply title this post what I've been thinking inside for the longest time-it's finally here!  The HALFWAY point!  I'm ecstatic and nervous all at the same time.  Excited for what the next 20 (hopefully less :-) weeks have to hold and nervous for the actual moment to be here when we're holding that little baby that we are completely responsible for caring for and nurturing it's dreams.

How I'm feeling:

I feel myself going into 'mommy mode' more easily now, nesting and caring about keeping the casa clean more which is nearly impossible with 3 dogs!  I am definitely more in preparation mode as well, thinking how fast the next four months will fly by and all that we will have to do.  I have already begun to think of time that I will be taking off work, setting up childcare for when I return to work, budgeting for the new addition and just overall mentally preparing for the drastic (but positive!) change our lives are about to take!

Exercising for two:

This week I could tell I was more in mommy mode because although I love my runs out by myself, I couldn't resist the excitement the pups get when I put on my gear.  This week were at the dog park with mom and her two pups, Sadie and Sassy (her current foster pup).  It was a blast watching them frolic and play as always even if the heat was unforgiving and the water a lovely bathwater temperature! Yuck!  Then it was out to the trails with the 3 pack catching a  quick run before the storms lashed out on us (I learned my lesson from last time).  Unfortunately, Chris is unable to escape the downpours being out in the field this week but hopefully he's staying dry out there somewhat!

Yoga has felt exceptionally good this week and I think the timing is perfect as I'm warned this week is accompanied by noticeable leg cramps.  I have had the urge to stretch, walk and move more in general which I am not complaining about at all!  An evening walk after a movie with mom was the epitome of a perfect end to the day.  Pregnancy has taught me to appreciate walking more even though I'm anxious to be back to running at full speed! 

Grow Baby, Grow!
How is Baby Premo measuring up these days? He's the size of a whopping cantaloupe!  Well, not really.  Fullness wise, he's measuring in at approx. 10 oz. (wow!), so not quite the 2-3 lbs. that a cantaloupe measures in at.  But crown to rump?  Yep, he's the height of a cantaloupe! Baby Premo is now able to gulp down several ounces of amniotic fluid a day making my food selections all the more important because he can actually taste more as well!  Taste buds are fully functioning and something that I feel I've noticed!  There has been extra movement when I have consumed Greek yogurt or cinnamon lately-a sign that he really digs the stuff or really doesn't like it. :)  I guess I will only be able to tell when those taste buds actually start consuming solids months from now!

Working together....

Chris and I embarked on what every couple that will be new parents looks forward to the entire pregnancy (besides the baby of course!): assembling the bambino's place of rest!  It was quite surprisingly a simple and very bonding experience.  We had been eyeing this crib for sometime and thought it would be just perfect.  I made especially sure that the wood was durable and at least somewhat eco-friendly.  We wanted something sturdy and classic that would last.  Not only will the little one be resting in this crib as an infant, but the convertible rails allow it to used as a toddler and then finally, as a big kid bed when the crib front and backs become a headboard and footboard and the changing board detaches to become a dresser.  It is an investment that I feel we won't regret. 


 ~hard at work!~

 ~Loving on Lola..I swear if she had thumbs she would help with everything!~

 ~she's going to be in such competition for attention when the little one arrives ;-)~

 ~hmm...what next?~

 ~making serious progress~

 ~the pups behind bars~


 ~completion at last!~

~Chris was so proud!~
~Toga was already asleep at this point but these two wanted to be in the middle of everything!~ 

Something that has been fairly easy for both Chris and I to do is think smartly about our purchases for the baby.  We don't want to go crazy and be excessive in the first year.  Ultimately we want things to last as long as possible and be as functional as they can be performing double, even triple duty if possible!  In the long run I know we'll thank ourselves for not letting big chunks of cash be spent on things we will only use for several months. Heck, we have PLENTY to pay for in the future and I know those days will come quicker than we think!


No comments: