8.22.2011

The Reveal!!

Week 22-

One of the weeks that Chris and I have been anticipating since we found out that we were expecting...what the heck will he/she be???  I looked back on my previous posts about all the intuitions I was having.  At first a boy because of the nausea of the first trimester that had me eating every 4 hours just to keep my stomach happy, and then there was the intial glow of the second trimester where I saw clear skies and a return to my normal self.  I pondered if this was in turn a sign and then just began to follow my gut as I became more and more certain that it would be a girl.  The first being to references that I had made in earlier posts but had not really elaborated on.  My cravings for fall.  I have always been tremendously attached since childhood to this season and it was to no surprise that I began to crave some of my favorite things that remind me of that time of year; cinnamon, apples, nutmeg, squash and visions of blustery days and cups of chai by the fire.  I just keep having these 'feelings' and they were truthfully becoming stronger the closer we got to finding out just exactly what we were going to be blessed with.
Truth be told, I think Chris and I both really just wanted a healthy, happy baby!  We may have had our wishes at one point in time but when it came down to it, we really weren't pulling either direction.  Right before we left for the reveal party Chris asked me why I thought he was wearing a yellow shirt.
"Because it's neutral!"
"Nope!" he said.
"Because it's more of a boy color??"
"Guess again," he said. " I am thinking that it is going to be a girl for sure."
I was shocked! All along I thought that he was wishing boy and while he talked about it ( I think all men truthfully want a little guy to pal around with :-) his true intuition was that it would be a 'she' all along!
The pictures of the moments captured at the reveal party say it all, the expressions on our faces and the thrill that we had when we could finally know what our little one was going to be!! 

 ~The spread was absolutely AH-MAZING: veggies and a delish spicy dip, mini spinach and ham quiches, brushetta, spinach and artichoke dip, a fantastic papaya/honeydew cocktail and of course.......

 ~The CAKE!!!  Seriously LOVE the cake!~

 ~The mastermind behind the 'reveal'~Love her with all my heart!~

 ~fur nephew and niece, Slater and Miss Molly :-)~



And FINALLY...after we ate, and talked, received awesome parenting advice from those near and dear, and ate some more, we couldn't help but finally get to the good part...THE REVEAL!  We had Chris's parents skyped in so that they would be there in spirit~it was wondeful that they got to enjoy the moment with us~

So without further adieu.................


 ~The 'moment' when we knew....~
~'It's PINK, very, very PINK!!'  Chris exclaimed....

~Autumn Rose it is! And we absolutely couldn't be happier!!~ 


 ~'Her first loofah!' I exclaimed!  Chris thought it was hilarious obviously! :-)

 ~Chris being his wonderfully awesome and crazy self~they're the cutest! (The towel and Chris!)~
 ~PINK!~

 ~The growing bump!~

 ~My rock and soon-to-be sensational dad~
 ~The girls (+ Lisa because we didn't get a group picture when Cory's parents were there! )

 ~The papaya in the bottom of the arrangement is how big Autumn is this week!~

~SURPRISE!!  It's a GIRL!!!!~


Thank you SO much Lauren and Mama for what was an amazing experience as tough as it was waiting for 24 hours until we knew! hehe!  The party was a total hit, Chris and I were all smiles and it was something so incredibly special~ We can't wait to share with little Autumn what her Aunt (and Grandma) did to reveal her to the world! :-)

We can't wait to meet you little Autumn Rose~ we can only imagine the spice you're going to add to our already amazing lives together.  We hope you're ready to learn lots, have unexpected adventures to crazy places, and ready to make this world your oyster! 

Love always,
~Mom and Dad










No comments: