10.31.2011

Changes.

Week 31/32-

(Week 31 both Chris and I were feeling completely under the weather and therefore did not do much of anything besides work, eat, sleep and REST! So I decided to group these two weeks together to make it at least a little more interesting!)

As I sit here writing this, Autumn is as active as ever.   I feel like I'm playing some type of treasure hunt attempting to feel for and guess what body part I see swooping across my belly.  I think I have rarely succeeded in figuring it out but it sure is ah-mazing to watch!  I keep telling myself that one of these days I'm going to capture it on video...one day in between midnight and 4am. Oh wait, it's almost midnight.  Hmm...too tired so probably not going to be tonight!

This week began with a terrible, awful cold and is going out much more calm, and peaceful.  There are some things that happened this week that I feel can't be attributed to the fact that I am barely able to take a breath because my nose is running 24/7..I'll spare the dramatic details.  Given that Monday was a recovery day from our sickness (and homework day for Chris), I really was banking on Tuesday evening to be the lets-get-the-house-in-order- night.  Needless to say the tally at the end of the night was sickness 1, house 0.  It could wait another night I suppose.  (I have a feeling that I will be saying this ALOT in the future when little Autumn arrives.) Wednesday night I spent running errands after work for an upcoming wedding as well as making a stop at the Fresh Market in Destin where I spend a very wonderful hour admiring how I wish I could shop there everyday.  From the freshest of produce to to a meat counter spread that would make any carnivore drool, I was in food heaven.  Thursday evening was a final AbFab consultation after work with our 11/11/11 bride and it made us even more anxious for the Big Day to be here.  We are beyond thrilled for this wedding and adore the visits we have had with the mother of the groom and the bride herself.  That night, post-meeting, was another couch night from tiredness, lack of motivation, and the inability to want to get up and really get a move on the chores that were stacking up from us having a chaotic couple of weeks.

How Big is Autumn

Think of a large jicama, the resources tell me this week, and that is how big she is measuring!  Around 3.75 pounds and nearing in 17+ inches she is definitely beginning to feel cramped in those quarters At this point she has toenails, fingernails, and real hair ( at least a bit of fuzz :-)    8 more weeks....where has the time gone??




A few changes I have been feeling this week that may/may not be attributed to the cold...I have a feeling it's definitely part of this 'growing' phase that Autumn is embarking on, doubling her weight in the next 8 weeks!

  1. I have been feeling short of breath more than ever.  When I sit down, when I lay down, I am more uncomfortable than I have been the entire pregnancy.  I have a longer than average torso but when I sit down I feel as if my belly is up to my chin!  I have a feeling that she has done some major growing in the past week and a half and that I am just beginning to feel the side-effects of it.  
  2.  I have had heartburn more this week than I have had my entire pregnancy (and from wives tales say this is when she might be growing more hair).  I have been popping the antacid tablets when I can and it seems to simmer things down a bit. 
  3. My sleep patterns have been at their worst.  I know that the cold has a lot to do with it but I feel I am now up no short of 5 times each night AT LEAST to use the restroom and drink water because of cotton mouth.  Its a vicious cycle I tell ya but I keep telling myself in the back of my head it's only preparation for the real deal.
My hopes are high that starting with week 33, I will get acclimated to these new changes and that things will start to look up again!  I have spent far too many evenings resting, watching movies on the couch and downing cup after cup of tea in hopes of kicking this cold.  It really forced my exercising to the backburner and I can feel the atrophy setting in (worst feeling EVER.)  I even lost a pound this week I think for 2 reasons: 1.) having hardly any appetite from the cold 2.) my muscle tone is decreasing!  And rightfully so, I knew with pregnancy and not being able to stick to my normal routine would make me loose muscle so it is not shocking and something I hope I can quickly recover from post baby.  Until then, next week I'll be hitting the gym again now that I am feeling better and do my best to continue to stay as active as I can in these next 8 weeks or so.

TACP for TATAS!

Saturday morning all the TACP's woke up, doned their pink shirts and ranger panties and headed out for the Making Strides Breast Cancer Awareness walk to honor not only each of our own friends and family members that have been affected by breast cancer, but also a special TACP support lady, Heidi, who just this   year had been diagnosed.  She's pretty much a rockstar who has had the most vivacious personality and spunk throughout all of her treatments and she looks absolutely amazing.  It was so awesome to witness close to a hundred TACP's out there on that walk wearing pink and supporting an incredible cause and an amazing lady!



~Team AbFab!  Notice the awesome shirt that Lauren and Chris got for me at For Two Fitness, I have been eyeing the shirt forever!  Thanks guys!~

And a couple of pics from Beerfest last weekend at Baytowne Wharf!  I surprised Chris with tickets and even though we were both sick, we managed to get out and get some fresh air.  Even though I couldn't drink the fabulous brews, I still enjoyed just being out and about with Chris!  Afterall, over 5 years ago we were standing on the same boardwalk for our 'honeymoon' and we hadn't had the opportunity to come back since then.  So no matter how you looked at it, it was very special and brought back so many amazing memories for the two of us.  One year we're taking pictures on the boardwalk just the two of us as newlyweds ready to embark on a new adventure as a couple.  Years later, we're taking pictures with 2.5 of us, happily married and about to embark on another new adventure, with what will eventually be the three of us.  We truly couldn't be happier.






This and That:
  • Upcoming appointments: 1 on November 7th, hopefully our next ultrasound will be soon as well!
  • New sweet treat discovery: chocolate peanut-butter covered caramels...they are almost TOO sweet but a few in one sitting is a perfect combination of peanut buttery chocolaty goodness.
  • kicks felt in a day: infinite!  She is a moving machine in there....
  • hiccups in a day: 4-5 sessions that last anywhere from a couple minutes to 10 minutes..and it is still a feeling that is as bizarre as ever...

No comments: