10.14.2011

Feeling Prepared.

Week 29-

While the big 3-0 is next week, I am finding myself feeling more and more prepared with each passing week.  I think back to the beginning of the first trimester and all of my doubts and over-analyzing on when and if I would truly be ready to bear responsibility for a child.  And thinking back now, they were all completely normal thoughts at the time, the unknown was a bit scary and after all, I have very quickly learned there is never quite a ‘right time’. 
It is safe to say now that Autumn a little person that I connect with on a daily basis.  Her punches and kicks are a reminder of how much she is growing every week, her little hiccups have to be one of the funniest/craziest feelings ever (it’s like having a muscle spasm in your abdomen)  and I find myself almost daily staring at her latest ultrasound picture on the fridge imagining what that little face will look like in real life!

How Big is Autumn?
Autumn is reaching between 15-17 inches in length and can be compared to the length of a bunch of celery!  She is weighing in close to 3 lbs these days and while she still has quite a few more pounds to pack on, she is getting close to her birth height which is pretty amazing!  This month is all about the brain!  Her little noggin’ is really starting to form those ripples and those neurons are generating like crazy.  Chris has been really good about making sure I get my Omega-3’s and DHA (aka brain food), hopefully I won’t be sick of eggs by the end of this month, which I don’t believe I will since they always have been a staple in my diet!  Unfortunately now though I order them from the ‘chef’ aka Chris J ‘over hard’ rather than ‘over easy’.  *sigh*…eventually I can get them the way I like them once Autumn makes her appearance.
We had a 29 week  appointment this week and everything is measuring good.  Her little heartbeat is still around 150 and I am hoping because I am feeling more jabs and kicks in the front of my tummy that she is making her way into the 'head down' position in preparation for birth.  Amazing how even though she could have over 10 weeks left she's already preparing herself to make her entrance into this world.  Some days I am still mind boggled by the things I ready in all of the baby books I've acquired.  Several that are on my nightsstand right now:




Running for Two:

Perhaps at this point in time it should be more like ‘Jogging/trekking for two?’  I have really considered it to be a true test of the changes that my body is going through when I am out on a run.  It’s quite a phenomenon when no matter how consistent you are or how good you are feeling as a pregnant runner you will decline each and every week.  Period. Dot. End of sentence.  As I knew from the beginning there is no improving, no increasing your mileage, no bettering your heartrate or picking up the pace mile for mile.   
I am looking forward to pushing myself once again, heading out on long runs without having to sneak into the woods to go to the bathroom every mile and just enjoying getting my endurance back with my newest running partner!  I plan on starting her young! 

Proud to be a Wildcat.

Not only have we been undefeated thus far but K-State took on Missouri and WON!!  So many talk about how this is about the time of the year where we will be doing really good, then we get ranked and begin to falter.  I am seeing a light at the end of tunnel and really believe this team has some amazing potential to make an impression this season!  We watched the game at Buffalo Wild Wings again  and busted out in a K-S-U chant at the end of our win.  We got a few looks from the Florida fans sitting around us probably wondering where Manhattan, KS is even is in the states.  We rocked our purple and our cheers though and walked away incredibly proud to be Wildcats that gameday!  I can’t wait for Autumn to sport her little Wildcat onesie.  Call me crazy but I also want to get her the Willie the Wildcat kids book, my guess is she’ll totally dig it! 

 Wedding Weekend.

 The AbFab team took to Rosemary Beach this weekend to design the ceremony site for Mesa and Matthew's Big Day.  It was nothing short of absolutely GORGEOUS, her desire to have a natural, organic yet elegant wedding left us with more creative license than we could have ever dreamed of and the driftwood arch we created from wood gathered on the beach took our design to an entirely new level.  Needless to say it was an exhausting day, traveling up 3 flights of stairs and trekking across the sand to get to the ceremony site.  We were definitely beat by the end of the day and ready for a day of rest and relaxation.  We're anxious to see the professional photos of the wedding and wish these extremely down-to-earth, beautiful couple all the best in their future adventures together!
Here's a peek at a few of our designs...






This and That:
  • Events this week: 1 very big one! 
  • Weight gained so far: 21 lbs...
  • Upcoming tasks for the nursery: Painting and putting up the decal!
  • Servings of 'Fage' Greek yogurt consumed this week: at least 4! I've been addicted lately....
  • Flights of stairs traveled on Sunday for the wedding: INFINITE!  Hello calf muscles, I didn't realize I'd been neglecting you!
P.S. How a week slipped by without a pic of the bump I am not sure but I will be sure to post extra as this week is the 'Welcome Autumn' party!! 
 

No comments: