10.08.2011

Hello Third Trimester.

Week 28-

The end is quickly (VERY quickly approaching) as I head into my third and FINAL trimester!  I can't quite believe that I am at this point in my pregnancy.  Time has flown by most weeks but others seemed to have just dragged on.  Here's a comparison to when I began my second trimester to when I ended it!

Quite the difference!  It's hard to believe that during this trimester she will more than triple her weight.  She still has plenty of baking (er...fattening up :-) to do!

How Big is Autumn?

Finally another vegetable reference, she's the size of a head of Chinese cabbage!


Every week when I see the references to how big she is I still have a hard time believing that that actually fits inside my belly.  I don't know what it is.  Just part of still coming to terms with reality I suppose (which has been a weekly theme for me!)  Rocking in at about 15 inches now she's continuing to grow those neurons like crazy building up her little brain to be super, super smart!   She's plumping up more, and at this point in time (as crazy as it sounds) could actually be born.  She has a LOT of plumping up to do, lots of baby fat to gain so I hope she sticks around as long as she can to prepare herself for the real world.

Feelings this week.....

Continuing to feel a bit more tired, especially if it was a long day at work, combined with trying to get as much exercise in as possible.   I continue to try to begin winding down early in the evening with Chris and getting to bed earlier than I am used to.  Being such a nightowl that I am (but still an early riser) has been a challenge for me to actually get to bed by 9 or 10 but they say a baby will mimic a mothers sleep patterns and we don't want an all-nighter on our hands so I am doing my best to clock in early, read and then lights out by 10:30.


The gym felt great this week and I got in two solid workouts, one with Chris right by my side.  Continuing to focus on total body in the weightroom, plenty of squats and lunges to prepare for labor and of course upper body to be sure that I can tote her around as babywearing will be huge for Chris and I when she arrives.  We really want to establish that bond in that way, as well as avoid lugging around extra bulky carriers when we can attach her to us with ease and go wherever!

Third Trimester Expectations.

I know deep down that this trimester will hold the most changes for me physically and emotionally.  I will be gaining the most weight (as will Autumn!) and making the 'official' preparations for this life-changing event that will affect both Chris and I's lives forever in the most positive and amazing of ways.  I am feeling more prepared as I take on these next 12 weeks.  I'm backed with more knowledge and confidence that although we won't be perfect parents, we will give all the love, TLC and parenting that we possibly can.  It's amazing how something so small can have such a dramatic impact.  We can't wait to meet our little bundle and we look forward to what comes at the end of this trimester- A BABY!

Odds and Ends:
  • Registries completed (almost): 2! I never knew how much time it would take to research every item and figure out exactly what we will need! 
  • Miles run/walked: 13
  • Items to be completed before her arrival: infinate!!
  • Weight gained: 20 lbs (and the scale just keeps on climbing...)
  • K-State BEATS.....BAYLOR!!!  Heading into a big game against Mizzou next weekend!!




No comments: